February 2

About Me

Mrs. Buswell

“Well, this is my first blog – we’ll see how it goes.”

I wrote those words a few years ago.  I’m pleased to say, I’m enjoying this very much.  Although I wasn’t sure if I was up to the technological challenge, I’ve had some great tech support from our resident goddess, Shirley Sebo!  Thanks, Shirley!

I hope this has become a valuable tool for everyone.  I certainly feel more connected to families because I can update things quickly and keep you posted in a timely fashion, rather than drafting and photocopying a weekly newsletter.  I also really enjoy being able to provide you a direct link to each night’s home practice assignments.

I have been teaching in Colchester since 1995, when I did my student teaching in the Greenhouse.  I spent many years in Summit House, and Greenhouse , before settling in to my current ‘home’.   I have a Bachelor Degree in Behavioral Science, and a Masters Degree in Education.  I’m also a Master Scuba Instructor with the Professional Association of Diving Instructors and a Medic First Aid instructor.

I am married and have eight year old twins, a son and a daughter.  My husband and I constructed our own home and we enjoy handling all upkeep and repairs ourselves.   In fact, much of what you see in our classroom is a result of our personal efforts.  I’ve always felt it’s important for students to feel ‘at home’ in their learning environment and I’ve made every effort to make the classroom a comfortable place to share the day.